Library ebook and audiobook app: OverDrive
The OverDrive app features mean you can:
- download ebooks and audiobooks direct to your device (tablet or smartphone)
- browse or search the catalogue
- return audio and ebooks early
- avoid late fees as ebooks and audiobooks expire automatically
These are the devices that are compatible with the OverDrive app:
- iOS (iPhone®/iPad®/iPod touch®)
- Windows® Phone 7
- Kindle Fire
Get the OverDrive app
You can either download Overdrive from the website, or download the app straight to your device.
Download from OverDrive website
Visit the OverDrive console installation pageand pick the device you want to download the app for.
Download straight to your device (mobile, tablet or MP3 player)
Follow these steps to download OverDrive to your device:
- On your device click on the App Store, or Play Store (or wherever you find your apps), search for OverDrive and select to download it
- You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID. If you do not already have an Adobe ID, click the large yellow button to sign up.
- Once you have signed up, return to the app and enter your ID to continue downloading OverDrive Media Console
- Once Media Console has been downloaded, there is information about how to use OverDrive
How to download ebooks and audiobooks
- Click on the "Get Books" button on the top right of the main app screen
- You will be prompted to add a library from a list - select your local library by adding a star
- The button will then read "Source Added". Click on this button to take you to the OverDrive website
- You will be prompted to login using your library account number
- Browse through the ebooks and audiobooks and add your desired item(s) to your basket
- When ready "Proceed to Checkout"
- Downloading items will redirect you to the OverDrive app
- Ebooks will immediately be available to read within the OverDrive app
- Audiobooks download in parts, but as soon as one part is downloaded, you can start listening right away