Thinking to volunteer
We're working on plans to improve management, interpretation and access to the Roman Town House. Responses to a recent questionnaire are shaping these plans, and a bid is being submitted to the Heritage Lottery Fund for many of the necessary works, which it is hoped will lead to a new access route into the site, improvements in interpretation and more sustainable management of the cover structure over the west range of the complex.
We're looking for people to help us:
- develop plans for the site by providing feedback and comment
- interpret the site for visitors
- do basic maintenance of the grounds and inside the house
- monitor the condition of the site
- guide visitors inside the building (as soon as improvements are carried out on the cover structure)
Get in touch
Tell us more about yourself and what you are interested in, and to find out more about what we can offer. There is no commitment at this stage.