Skip Navigation

Licences, permits and registrations

Information and guidance about how to apply for a licence or permit.

The district, borough and county councils of Dorset deal with a wide range of different licences, permits and registrations. For further information please select a category:

Alcohol and entertainment licence

Read more about Alcohol and entertainment licence
Including temporary event notices, premises licences, street party licences and busking advice.

Taxis and private hire vehicles

Read more about Taxis and private hire vehicles
Information about taxi fares and guidance on how to apply for a taxi licence or private hire vehicle licence.

Charity collections

Read more about Charity collections
If you want to collect money on the street or house to house for a charity you will need to apply for a permit.

Street trading and sitting out cafes

Read more about Street trading and sitting out cafes
Including licences for street markets, the sale of goods on the highway and sitting out/pavement cafes.


Read more about Gambling
Including licences for betting shops, race tracks, casinos, amusement arcades, gaming machines, lotteries and bingo.

Caravan sites

Read more about Caravan sites
All residential and non-residential caravan sites will need planning permission and a site licence.
Powered by GOSS iCM