Skip Navigation

Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshments

Including temporary event notices, premises licences, street party licences and busking advice.

Alcohol & entertainment

Read more about Alcohol & entertainment
Information about a Premises Licence, Club Premise Certificate, Personal licence or Temporary Event Notice, including how to apply, and how to report an unlicensed premises.

Street party licence

Read more about Street party licence
Information about how to go about organising a street party in Dorset, including how to apply for a licence where necessary.


Read more about Busking
A performance, usually of music or dance, in a public place given with the intention of receiving money for private gain from passers by.

Public space events

Read more about Public space events
A licence may be required for events held in public spaces if entertainment is being provided or alcohol being sold or supplied.

Hypnotism Authorisation

Read more about Hypnotism Authorisation
If you would like to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have an authorisation from the Licensing Authority.

Sex establishment

Read more about Sex establishment
Sex establishments (sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues) must be licensed. Each council has its own policy.
Powered by GOSS iCM