Skip Navigation

Gambling premises

The Gambling Act 2005 passed licensing responsibilities relating to bookmakers and gaming machines in pubs and clubs, amongst other gambling matters from the magistrates to district councils. It also allows councils to make policies regarding casinos, lotteries and amusement arcades etc.

A premises licence is required for any premises where an individual or a company proposes to offer facilities for gambling. A premises licence is issued for a specific purpose such as for:

  • casino

  • bingo

  • adult gaming centre

  • family entertainment centre

  • betting

An application for a premises licence can only be made by a person, who is 18 years of age or over, or a company. They must have the right to occupy the premises and have an operators licence issued by the Gambling Commission.

Except in the case of a track, a premises licence may not authorise the use of a premises for more than one activity, and only one licence can be issued for any premises.

The council is obliged to publish every three years a policy making clear how it will consider and enforce such licences. It was also obliged to undertake a consultation exercise on its policy.

Gambling Act 2005 - current applications

There are no current applications.



Powered by GOSS iCM