Skip Navigation

Licensing Act 2003 Fees

Find out how much it costs to submit a Licensing Act application

The application fee for a new premises licence, or to vary a premises licence or club premises certificate is based upon the premises non-domestic rateable value (business rates). You can find out a premises rateable value from the  Valuation Office Agency (opens in a new window).

If you already know the rateable value of the premises you can use the table below to work out the fee due:

Rateable value


Application fee

Annual fee

Not rate up to £4300




£4301 to £33,000




£33,001 to £87,000




£87,001 to £125,000




£125,001 and above




Each premises licence and club premises certificate is subject to an annual fee which is due on the anniversary of the grant of the licence.

Should a church hall, chapel hall, village hall, parish or community hall require a premises licence for regulated entertainment only then no fee is payable. Schools are also exempt from paying a fee for a premises licence authorising regulated entertainment provided the entertainment is for the purposes of the school or college. If you have any doubts as to whether you need to pay an application fee or an annual fee you can contact your local Licensing Authority.

For larger scale events the following additional fee may be payable:

Number of people

Additional Fee

Annual fee

5000 - 9999



10000 - 14999



15000 - 19999



20000 - 29999



30000 - 39999



40000 - 49999



50000 - 59999



60000 - 69999



70000 - 79999



80000 - 89999



90000 and over



Other fees payable under the Licensing Act are as follows:

Application or Notice

Fee due

Theft, loss etc of a premises licence /summary or club premises certificate or summary


Application of a provisional statement where premises are being built


Notification of change of name or address


Application to vary the Designated Premises Supervisor


Application to transfer the premises licence


Interim authority notice following death etc of premises licence holder


Notification of a change of name or altering the club rules


Change of registered club address


Temporary Event Notice


Theft or loss of a temporary event notice


Application for grant of new personal licence


Theft or loss of a personal licence


Change of name or address to a personal licence


Right of freeholder etc to be notified of licensing matters


Powered by GOSS iCM