East Dorset District Council Local Plan 2002
The East Dorset Local Plan was adopted in 2002 and provided the planning policy framework for the district to 2011. Following the adoption of the 'Christchurch and East Dorset Local Plan Part 1 - Core Strategy (April 2014), a significant number of policies contained in the 2002 Local Plan have been superseded.
Saved and Deleted Local Plan Policies
This page provides the text of the East Dorset Local Plan as adopted in January 2002. Also available is a schedule of the 2002 Local Plan policies which have been saved following the adoption of the Core Strategy in April 2014 and those now deleted. The 2002 Proposals Map has now been superseded by the Policies Map that accompanies the Core Strategy.
Please note that the 2002 Local Plan should be read in conjunction with the schedule of saved Local Plan policies (pdf, 367kb) (opens in a new window) and the adopted Christchurch and East Dorset Local Plan Part 1 - Core Strategy (April 2014). Christchurch Borough Council and East Dorset District Council have also begun work on a review of the Local Plan. Together with the "saved" policies in the East Dorset Local Plan, we will fully review policies contained in the Local Plan Part 1 - Core Strategy and the "saved" policies in the Christchurch Local Plan 2001, and consolidate these into a single plan.
Purchasing and viewing the East Dorset Local Plan 2002
The complete Local Plan costs £60 plus £9 p&p.
On request individual maps and chapters can also be purchased. Please contact the planning policy manager for further information.
Supplementary Planning Guidance and Supplementary Planning Documents
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD) are available and provide information to help in the use of East Dorset Local Plan policies for specific sites or issues.
Chapters from the East Dorset Local Plan 2002
- East Dorset Local Plan 2002 Status of Policies [367kb]
- Chapter-1-5 Strategy Aims [431kb]
- Chapter-6 General Policies [451kb]
- Chapter-7 Transport [170kb]
- Chapter-8 Corfe Mullen [127kb]
- Chapter-9 Ferndown West Parley [203kb]
- Chapter-10 St Leonards St Ives [287kb]
- Chapter-11 West Moors [324kb]
- Chapter-12 Wimborne Colehill [184kb]
- Chapter-13 Verwood Three Legged Cross [272kb]
- Chapter-14 Alderholt [93kb]
- Chapter-15 Cranborne Chase Villages [138kb]
- Chapter-16 Sturminster Marshall [79kb]
- Chapter-17 Green Belt Settlements [103kb]
- Environmental Appraisal and Appendices [293kb]
- Erratum affordable housing [8kb]