Pay or challenge a parking fine issued by East Dorset District Council
Your ticket will start with DA
fine paid within 14 days following the date of notice issue: £35 or £25 (depending on severity)
fine paid after 14 days following the date of notice issue: £70 or £50 (depending on severity)
surcharge rate for unpaid fines received after 28 days following the date of notice issue: £105
- court fees will be added to the surcharge rate, bailiffs may be used
Pay a parking fine
You will need your penalty charge notice number, starting with DA.
By automated telephone
Call: 01202 495252
To: East Dorset District Council, PO Box 9148, Christchurch, BH23 9JQ
At the payment kiosk at East Dorset Council Offices, Allenview House, Hanham Road, Wimborne, BH21 1AG
Office opening hours are 8.45am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.45am to 4.15pm on Friday.
The offices are closed Saturday, Sunday and on Public Holidays.
Challenge a parking fine
Your challenge must be received by us within 14 days of the parking fine being issued.
The information we need with your formal challenge
You must supply us with:
- the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) DA
- the date when the parking fine was issued
- the vehicle registration number
- an explanation of the circumstances
- your home address and telephone number
In addition, when relevant, you must:
- supply supporting documentation, such as a copy of a pay and display ticket or blue badge
- provide written evidence from an independent third party eg the garage that repaired your car
- quote the serial number of a valid permit for the parking area
Please note: your charge will not increase whilst we are dealing with your appeal.