Building Control application forms
These application forms are intended for quick access if you already know the Building Control process. If you are unsure about any of the processes please follow the links in each section that provide more information.
Submit an application for a fee quote
It is important that any work controllable under the building regulations has an application.
Download a printable version of the Building Control fee quote request form, once completed you can submit your form to the relevant authority.
Building Regulations Application
Submit a full plans, building notice or regularisation application to Building Control.
Download a printable version of the Building Control Regulations application form, once completed you can submit your form to the relevant authority.
Cancelling an application
Request a site inspection
Our surveyor will visit as work progresses at the stages outlined in the Inspection Service Plan to make sure it complies with the building regulations.
Download a printable version of the Building Control site inspection form, once completed you can submit your form to the relevant authority.
Notice of intended demolition
Notify us of intended demolition and find out more about the demolition process including how to deal with Asbestos.
Download a printable version of the notice of intended demolition form, once completed you can submit your form to the relevant authority.
Confirmation of exemption
If you are not certain that your works are exempt you can submit a proposal form to Building Control for advice. This exemption only counts for Building Regulations, you will need a separate exemption from Planning too.
Download a printable version of the Building Control confirmation of exemption form, once completed you can submit your form to the relevant authority.
Reporting a dangerous structure
Request Building Control information
Guidance notes for requesting information about Building Control.
- it must be appreciated, however, that the plans and particulars deposited for Building Regulation purposed are not public file copies and there is no obligation for us to display such plans. There is no automatic right for the public to view Building Control records
- for data protection reasons the plans and particulars will only be displayed to the present owner of the property, or that person's nominated agent, on written application and at the discretion of the Building Control Manager
- it is not usually possible to provide copies of deposited plans. The copyright of all plans and particulars belongs to the person who originally produced them
- some older records are archived on monochrome microfilm. They will therefore not e to scale and may have lost clarity due to the microfilming process
- it is not usually possible to offer a "same day" service for applications to view plans. The reason for this is that many records, especially estate developments, are extremely extensive and it can take a considerable time to search and locate the requested information. You will be notified in writing when the records are available to view
- no guarantee can be given as to the accuracy of any particulars displayed
- there may be a charge
- in the interest of data protection, you or your agent may be asked to produce a satisfactory for of identification, such as a drivers license or passport
- this procedure only relates to the viewing of deposited Building Regulation plans. If you wish to view plans deposited for other purposes, please contact the relevant council
- we do not hold construction details for sites where the building control was supervised by a private inspector. In such instances you will be advised for the contact address of the approved inspector, whose details are held in the public register of Initial Notices
Request Building Control information
It is our aim to provide a helpful service and we will endeavour to meet all reasonable requests. It would help us to provide the relevant information if you indicate which information you are particularly interested in, or why you wish to view it.
How we comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how you can obtain details of personal information we hold about you.