Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Minerals and waste monitoring enforcement

The monitoring and enforcement team check whether quarries and waste management sites are operating in compliance with planning controls. 

Submit an enforcement enquiry

If you think there is a potential issue with the working of a mineral or waste site, you can report this to the council. Specifically, if you have concerns about any of the following: development may be taking place without planning permission the site is not operating in accordance with conditions attached to a planning permission the site may be breaching some other form of planning control

Contact us to make a complaint or enquiry about minerals and waste monitoring, enforcement and community liaison work. You can also leave a message during normal office hours on 01305 224258, or

What we need to know:

  • the nature of the development or operations that you are concerned about
  • the date, times of day it was observed and location(s)
  • whether those operations have finished or are continuing (especially where it involves development causing disturbance to residents, harm to amenity, pollution or risk to human health)
  • your name, address and a telephone number so that you can be contacted on the outcome of investigations

The issue will be logged and investigated. Your details will be confidential, but we will need a contact name and number in case we need to follow up investigations into the alleged breaches of planning control.

If the complaint is about times of operations 

Please provide the vehicle registration numbers (if known) and the name of the operator(s) and/or landowners involved.

Outcome of investigation 

You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation and what action is being taken as a result. If it is concluded that no action is required, you will be informed why.

Periodic monitoring for compliance with planning conditions on minerals and waste sites may also be undertaken by Dorset County Council's Development Management Team. The team may also advise on any related enforcement action required in the public interest. 

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.