Get our opinion about your proposal before you submit a full application.
We don't offer free, informal advice over the telephone or to visitors to our offices. There is a fee for this advice as it requires work by a trained officer.
Find out more about common projects and the need for planning permission.
Apply for pre-application advice
Before you start
You will need to have these documents ready to upload:
- an explanation of what you want to do
Alternatively You can apply via our paper application form:
- fill out the pre-application advice enquiry form
- attach plans, photographs and a covering letter that explains what you want to do
- return the form to us via email or send it in the post
- pay the fee by calling or posting a cheque
Contact the planning team if you need more advice.