Pre-application fees - Weymouth and Portland Borough Council
Details about the fees charged for pre-application advice by Weymouth and Portland Borough Council.
Fees for pre-application consultations all include VAT.
|Type of development||Initial submission, meeting and response cost||Cost of additional submissions, meetings and responses|
- Residential development 10 or more dwellings or site area 0.5ha or more
- Other development 1000m2 or site area 1.0ha or more
|Number of properties||initial submission and response*||Cost of additional submissions, meetings and responses|
|Up to 2 houses or 4 flats
|Other residential and minor development
Change of use proposal
|Initial submission, meeting and response cost||Cost of additional submissions, meetings and responses|
Development of an existing dwellinghouse, or development within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse for any purpose incidental to the enjoyment of the dwellinghouse is free.
A site visit will not normally be carried out for pre-application advice for householder developments.
Other categories of application
All other categories of application including listed buildings and tree enquiries are free.
- if a submission requires the employment and cost of external consultants (eg retail assessment or viability appraisal) this will also be charged to the applicant
- if a submission requires engagement with Natural England any fees incurred will need to be settled by the applicant direct; find out more
- payment must be made on submission of the proposal, other than payment for external consultants or additional meetings/response which will be invoiced accordingly
*A meeting will only be held if deemed necessary by the planning authority