Skip Navigation

Abandoned vehicles

How to report an abandoned or burnt-out vehicle online

You can report an abandoned car or other vehicle here if it is:

  • untaxed
  • burnt-out
  • badly damaged or has missing parts
  • Situated in Dorset, outside of Bournemouth or Poole

Abandoned vehicles in Bournemouth should be reported via Bournemouth Borough Council's website (opens in a new window). Residents can report an abandoned vehicle in Poole via the Borough of Poole's website (opens in a new window).

Report abandoned vehicle

If a vehicle is left on private land, we need written permission from the landowner to go onto their land.

How to scrap an unwanted vehicle

If your vehicle has come to the end of its useful life, it must be scrapped at an authorised treatment facility. This is usually free.

You can search for your nearest facility on the national authorised treatment facilities register (opens in a new window).

If you have received an abandoned vehicle notice

If your vehicle has received an abandoned vehicle notice and you believe this is incorrect, or you wish to resolve the situation accordingly, please contact the Dorset Waste Partnership on 01305 221040.

  1. Email this page

Tell us your address

Localisation help

You can set your address here

Report and track road issues and enquiries

Stay connected - sign up to our free e-newsletter

Powered by GOSS iCM