Weymouth Pavilion is run by a community interest company.
Weymouth & Portland Borough Council has awarded the lease for Weymouth Pavilion (opens in a new window) to a not-for-profit-organisation.
Councillors meeting at the Management Committee on 19 June 2013 agreed to award the lease to Mr Phil Say, who has set up a Community Interest Company.
The council agreed to enter into a 10 year lease with the Community Interest Company based on terms agreed at its April Management Committee, and also subject to:
- A £150,000 loan by the council, repayable on terms included in the 19 June Management Committee report
- A fixed annual contribution from the council of £30,000
- The council awards 80 per cent discretionary rate relief
- The Community Interest Company meets the costs of car parking permits for staff and volunteers
- The Council meets liabilities that may arise from any staff issues (TUPE) related to the previous council-operated facility