Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Complaints about Dorset County Council Councillors

All Councillors have to comply with a Code of Conduct. If you think that a County Councillor has breached the Code, you can complain and we will look into the matter.

In the first instance, consideration will be by Jonathan Mair, the County Council's Head of Legal and Democratic Services and Monitoring Officer.

The Monitoring Officer will consider your complaint in consultation with the Chairman of the Standards and Governance Committee and decide whether:

  • it is suitable for informal resolution, or
  • appropriate for investigation, or
  • should be forwarded to Dorset Police as it relates to a member's disclosable pecuniary interests or
  • no action should be taken

Please note that the Monitoring Officer will only deal with complaints about the conduct of a member of the County Council. Complaints about service delivery or Council officers are not covered by the members' Code of Conduct would need to be dealt with under the County Council's general /complaints Procedure.

Make a complaint

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of this council, please complete the local Code of Conduct Complaint Form.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.