How to pay your invoice to West Dorset District Council
See ways you can pay your invoice to West Dorset District Council. Please note that the payment term to pay your invoice(s) is 28 days.
Sign up for e-billing
West Dorset District Council now has the facility to send all of your invoices and subsequent letters electronically (e-billing). This is more efficient and helps to reduce our costs.
You can pay online by debit or credit card. In the reference box please quote your invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice.
Automated telephone payment 0300 123 2027*
- pay by debit or credit card.
- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- when asked for the reference number please quote your invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice.
* Local call charges will apply. Mobile rates may vary - please check with you service provider.
You can pay by internet banking, BACS or Bank Transfer using the Council's bank details below:
- sort code: 40 - 19 - 21
- account number: 01163191
- bank account name: West Dorset District Council - B Account
You must quote your invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice as a reference and allow 5 working days for your payment to reach us.
Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay. There are no cheques to write, no cash to deal with and no ongoing paperwork because payments are made for you by your bank or building society.
To set up a Direct Debit on your account you have the following options available:
In the reference box please enter your account number (D+5 number digits), you can find this on your invoice.
Please note Direct Debit payments will be collected on the 26 of the month.