How to pay your invoice to Weymouth and Portland Borough Council
See ways you can pay your invoice to Weymouth and Portland Borough Council. Please note that the payment term to pay your invoice(s) is immediate payment.
Sign up for e-billing
Weymouth and Portland Borough Council now has the facility to send all of your invoices and subsequent letters electronically (e-billing). This is more efficient and helps to reduce our costs.
In the reference box please quote your invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice.
Automated telephone payment 0300 123 2037*
- pay by debit or credit card
- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- when asked for the reference number please quote you invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice.
* Local call charges will apply. Mobile rates may vary - please check with you service provider.
You can pay by internet banking, BACS or Bank Transfer using the council's bank details below:
- sort code: 40 - 13 - 07
- account number: 62495007
- bank account name: Weymouth and Portland Borough Council - Income account
You must quote your invoice number or account number as shown on your invoice as a reference, and allow 5 working days for your payment to reach us.
Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay. There are no cheques to write, no cash to deal with and no ongoing paperwork because payments are made for you by your bank or building society.
To set up a Direct Debit on your account you have the following options available:
- we can take your details over the telephone by calling 01305 838234
- you may print and complete a Direct Debit form returning to us by post to Finance at the address below
In the reference box please enter your 8 digit account number, you can find this on your invoice.
Please note Direct Debit payments will be collected on the 1st of the Month.